HANOVER FOILS CONTRIBUTES TO SUICIDE PREVENTION
Hanover Foils is proud to support the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Contributions helps to fund research, education, prevention, advocacy and survivor programs to assist those affected by suicide. There are many important initiatives underway that need funding and much of this funding comes from the Community Walks, as they represent about 50% of this year’s total donations. Funds raised through the Community Walks will allow AFSP to:
- Invest in new research studies that will advance understanding of the causes of suicide and its prevention
- Organize new AFSP chapters across the country
- Recruit thousands of additional grassroots volunteers to advocate for suicide prevention
- Implement our Interactive Screening Program in colleges around the country, which screens students for depression online and connects them directly to the campus counseling center.
- Expand the survivor outreach program which links trained volunteer survivors with the recently bereaved to offer support
- Distribute AFSP’s new educational program for high school students to teach them about adolescent depression and the importance of getting help. The program also contains a film and materials to train teachers, guidance counselors and other school personnel about teen suicide prevention
- Use our film on physician depression and suicide to educate physicians and medical students to recognize depression in themselves and their patients
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions made by their employees. Please visit www.afsp.org/matchinggifts.